Thursday 16 January 2014

Stop Motion Animation

We have started a new project in media involving animation, Our task was to create a short stop-motion animation. My animation was a ball falling to the ground. The animation gave the visual of gravity. I took several streps towards making my stop-motion animation, which I will explore in this blog.

My Animation: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wrthkOhx5mQ


Step 1: Our first step was to draw an illustration on a A5 piece of paper. I Also numbered the pages so that they were in order.











Step 2: Our second step was to record our flip book pages. For this I used a sony handy cam and a science/copy stand. We set up the camera from a 90 degree bird's eye view angle, I also used a firewire cable to connect the camera to the Mac.




Step 3: Our third task was to open the program 'iStopMotion'. We imported our camera and changed the settings to a 180 degree rotation, so the animation would flip its rotation the right way round. We took a picture for every piece of A5 piece of paper we used. Each picture was used as a frame. at 12 frames a second, we had reach the appropriate speed of animation. I had used 40 piece of paper meaning my animation was over three seconds long.

Once I had finished, I saved my work and exported it into a quicktime file.



Step 4: Our final task was to upload our stop motion animation onto youtube. I had chosen the file and clicked the upload button on youtube. I titled the video 'Ball Bounce (Stop Motion Animation)


No comments:

Post a Comment